Hullo, fellow deflating countrymen!
Sorry it's been slow, these last few days have been dedicated to servitude in the kitchen, to feed beloved friends, family, and sundry sweet castaways far from homesteads.
We've really done ourselves proud this year...go team turkey bloat!
- Grape Tomato, Olive, and Ricotta Galette (Max and Edna)
- Two-Pesto (Basil, Sun-Dried Tomato) Terrine (Max and Edna)
- Cilantro Pesto Terrine with Salsa Fresca (Max and Edna)
- Gruyere Fondue Croutes (Max)
- Olive Tapenade (Max)
Main and Sides:
- Brined Turkey and Gravy (Max and Paul, respectively)
- Cranberry-Fig Chutney (moi, via the Amateur Gourmet via Food 52)
- Canned cran (Ocean Spray)
- Frankenstufing (moi)
- Garlic Mash (moi)
- Cauliflower Gratin with Mustard Crumb Topping (moi)
- Scalloped Sweet Potato, Apple and Red Onion (Max)
- Green Beans with Curried Mushroom Cream (moi)
- Brussels Sprouts 2 Ways: Mustard and Pine Nuts, Balsamic and Shallots (moi)
- Corn Pudding with Scallions and Red Pepper (moi)
- Caramelized Gnocchi (Paul)
- Fennel Braised in White Wine (Max)
- Apple and Pumpkin Pie (Max)
- Hand-Whipped Cream (Edna)
- White and Dark Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Bark (Jill)
As always, thank you kindly Max and Alex for opening up your home, and being the primary caretakers of mass gluttony and celebration!
Mighty thanks too to Edna, for her good humor, fits of song and cooking feats; muchas gracias to the Effing BroBros and Tammi for transportation, refreshments, morale and kitchen help; muchas smoochas to The Man for being unfailingly gracious and patient in the kitchen and on the road; hugs to PSSOM, for making the Battle of the Market a breeze and a pleasure; and TY much to SSFL and Chocolate Bear, for your lovely company!
And thank YOU, readers, for just being you! Thanksgiving time means birthday time for this 'lil 'ol blog, and I'd be nothing without your curiosity, comments and readership for the past two years. May your leftovers be copious, your loved ones near, and your antacid nearer.